The Wonder of Whales
Saturday 8th June 2013 – 12pm to 10pm
Mechanics Hall, Apollo Bay – Free entry
Displays 12noon to 10pm. Movies & Talks: matinee 3pm to 5pm, evening 7pm to 9pm.
Refreshments served throughout the day. Free lighthouse tickets, prizes & giveaways.
Sea shepherd merchandise on sale. Meet Willie the Whale …!
- Sea Shepherd Crew – talks & movies about the recent whale campaign in Antarctica
- DEPI – whale watching, conservation & rescue in SW Victoria
- Peter Kirkhouse (Rip Curl movie maker) – Southern Ocean Dreaming
- Activities & Fun – for kids and families
- Peter Day – local artist and naturalist
- Close Encounter of the Killer Whale Kind – Paul Thompson’s images & talk about an encounter during an Antarctic winter
- Visit Cape Otway Lightstation – Whale watching from the lighthouse balcony
When you visit the Lightstation, don’t forget to check out:
- 18 metre long geoglyph (pictured above right), created by artist-in-residence Peter Day
- Apollo Bay sculptor Brad West’s four metre long baby Southern Right Whale (pictured above right), carved from century old cypress
- Whale watching from the lighthouse balcony
Read more in the press release.