School Excursion – Experience the Cape
School Program for Victorian Curriculum Levels 3-10 (Years 3-10)
2 hours / $12 per student
Experienced guides take students on an hour-long interactive tour of the Lightstation visiting the historic Telegraph Station with its signal tower and flagstaff, Lighthouse Keepers’ quarters, World War 2 Radar Bunker, coastal heathland and of course the magnificent 1848 Lighthouse.
This rich learning experience allows students to step back in time and imagine life on this wild and isolated Lightstation.
Programs can be tailored for VCE Outdoor Education or Tertiary Level tourism students.
Choose one of the suggested curriculum-aligned itineraries from the table below or mix and match up to five of the following themes/topics to tailor your experience:
- Life in the 19th Century
- Weather at Cape Otway
- World War 2 at The Cape
- Lighthouses and Navigation
- Remote living at The Cape
- Communication at The Cape
- Immigration and Shipwrecks
Suggested Curriculum Linked Tour Itineraries
Year Levels 3/4
- Time Travellers: Life in the 19th Century, Remote Living at The Cape, Cape Otway Environment, Lighthouses and Navigation.
Year Levels 5/6
- From Colony to Nation: Life in the 19th Century, Immigration and Shipwrecks, Lighthouses and Navigation.
Year Levels 7/8
- The Cape Otway Environment: Immigration and Shipwrecks, Remote Living at The Cape, Lighthouses and Navigation, Weather at Cape Otway.
Year Levels 9/10
- Colonisation of Australia to the Modern World: Life in the 19th Century, Immigration and Shipwrecks, Lighthouses and Navigation, World War 2 at The Cape, Remote Living at The Cape.